Friday, February 13, 2009

Going home!

After sitting with Dad for about an hour, I had drank some juice and started to feel better. I layed back on the bed to watch cartoons! Life was good! I had my own TV! I got quite comfortable there. The nurse came into take out my IV, and I didn't want to go! But I was good and let her take out the IV eventually. They took off the blue tape that kept it tight on my hand so I couldn't rip it out very easy... and under that I saw the tube that went into my hand. It was a little wierd. The nurse pulled off the tape nicely and pulled out the tube and gave me a big bandaid! I loved it!
After I got dressed Dad found a wheelchair and wheeled me out sitting on mom's lap. We got to "pop-a-wheelie" all the way to the car! I liked it! Once I got home I played games with dad on the Wii for a little while, then we all took a nice long nap! I was doing pretty good! eating lots of yogurt and pudding, and drinking lots of juice. My first day was better than expected.


2 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad that everything went well with the surgery and hope that the recovery continues to go well. Have a great day.

Virginia said...

Hey there fun to find your blog! I found it through the Ballard clan. Sorry your big guy had to have surgery. Hope things are looking up! Your baby is so cute! How are you guys? We miss you as neighbors.